Georgeous Grunge for Pals Paper Arts #264
I am excited to bring you another card for the Pals Paper Parts Challenge. I love playing along with the “Pals” Today’s challenge is a sketch challenge. The sketch is a very clean sketch. I really wanted to stick to the clean look of the sketch when creating my card. It is not very often. But, rarely when I look at a sketch I know exactly what I want to create. Well, last night when I was working on this sketch challenge that happened….And even better…..the Idea worked out perfectly!!!!!!! Whooo….Hooo….Like I said, this does not happen a lot for me with sketches. Normally, I am trying to figure out exactly how I am going to accomplish this Challenge (I know, I know, that’s why they call them Challenges) So, here is the incredible sketch……
I would love it if you would play along also…..
All you have to do is create a card using this sketch and upload it to the Pal’s Paper Arts page using a public gallery (such as splitcost stampers) , your blog, your facebook, etc…. If you would like to participate and have questions please fell free to contact me.
The colors used are two of the “In Colors” Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow. I pared these two with Crushed Curry. This is a fun combination that will be great for the fall. We have had rain all week and the Alabama Temps are starting to slowly creep towards fall. Though, we are still hot and hummed. I will miss summer time when it gone. I am ready for Football and World Card Making Day in Atlanta. Two great reasons to look forward to fall.
Gorgeous Grunge is a fabulous stamp set. I use it mostly for background stamping. But as you can see from today’s card It is a great choice for simple straight forward stamping.
The thinlits used today are from the Greetings Thinlits. This is a must have set. You get hello, thanks, and cheers. I just love the font used to create these small thinlits.
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Crushed Curry card stock cut at 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Use your bone folder to burnish the scored fold.
- The layers are Blackberry Bliss (5 3/8 by 4 1/8), Mossy Meadow (5 1/4 by 4), and Shimmery White (5 by 3 3/4)
- On the Shimmery White layer stamp the image in Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry. I stamped the Crushed Curry twice to make it longer than the Mossy Meadow. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig makes this process really easy.
- Use your Big Shot to cut the thinlit out in Blackberry Bliss. Adhere the “thanks” to the Shimmery White layer.
- Finally, adhere the layers together using Stampin’ Dimentionals and multipurpose glue
Don’t forget to decorate your envelope. Pretty envelopes make for a happier word…
And remember to stop by Pals Paper Art’s and check out all the fabulous creations by the Design Team. Then scroll down to the bottom to see all the creations by those playing along. (like Me)
Here is today’s supply list:
Thank You for visiting Westside Paper Creations. I truly hope that your Thursday is filled with wonderful goodness. See you here again soon.