Dove of Peace for Mojo Monday Challenge #412
Mojo Monday is such a great card sketch challenge. They bring such a wonderful varity of sketches to us. I have enjoyed playing along with all the different challenges that I have fallowed for so long now. Mojo Monday was one of the first challenges that I started fallowing on a regular bases. The design team is jam packed full of talented artist!!!!! This weeks sketch is brought to us by Julee Tilman. Now normally at this point I am telling you about how things did not go as expected with a sketch challenge and how hard they are for me….Well, today was a little different experence. I had a idea. And, it came to me at about 2:48 in the morning yesterday. I guess I was creating in my sleep. All I know is I awoke with the idea. No, I did not get up and make the card then….though some nights that’s not a bad idea. When I go home from work and started making the card and the dream came together right nicely.
What a great sketch!!! Don’t you just love all the layers.. circles, squares, and rectangles what’s there not to love!!!!
When I first saw the Dove of Peace stamp set I saw so much more than a Holiday Stamp. It is so very versatile for so many different occasions. I guess I had this on my mind when I was sleeping and the vision of today’s card came to me. Because, what I knew I wanted was to replace the square with the dove. And the circle to be silver glimmer paper. I also, wanted to sear away from Holiday Colors. While working I continued to create my card. I wanted a sentiment that was full of faith! I was going to use Soft Sky Paper and heat emboss the dove in silver. So on and so on…..When I got home I got to work….
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Soft Sky card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Silver Glimmer Paper ( 5 3/8 by 4 1/8), Whisper White (5 1/4 by 4) , and Whisper White ( 5 1/8 by 4 7/8) sponged with Soft Sky ink using a Sponge Dabber
- The circle is cut from the Circles Collection Framelits with Silver Glimmer Paper
- The Banner is Soft Sky(1 3/4 by 5 1/8), Silver Glimmer Paper (1 5/8 by 5 1/8), and Whisper White (1 1/2 by 5 1/8)
- Stamp the sentiment using Stone Gray StazOn ink on the Whisper White banner.
- The dove is stamped in Versa Mark ink then sprinkled with Silver Embossing Powder and Heat Embossed. Then fussy cut the dove out
- The Ribbon is Whisper White Satin Ribbon that has been colored using the Soft Sky Stampin’ Wright Marker
- All that is left is to adhere the layers together using multipurpose glue and Stampin’ Dimentionals. The three layers are glued together and then using dimentional added to the card base. The circle is guled to the sponged layer. The Banner layers are glued together. The ribbon is added using glue dots to the back of the banner. This banner is glued to the sponged layer. The dove is added to the top using dimentionals
Just a few side notes.
- When heat embossing make sure to use your Embossing Buddy. This will help the embossing powder from sticking where you don’t want it.
- The Paper Snips really make fussy cutting such a breeze. Make sure you have a pair on hand!!!!
- The Dove of Peace stamp set is in the Up-Coming Holiday Catalog. Available September 1st!!!! This is the best Stampin’ Up! catalog ever. You don’t want to miss it……
Here is a video by Stampin’ Up! all about embossing:
Make sure you stop by Mojo Monday and check out all the great cards created by the Design Team and all those who are playing along!!!
There are all new Weekly Deal’s be sure to check them out!!!!
Her is today’s Supply List:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! I hope you have a great Thursday!!! We are just one day away from the weekend. Hoping to meet you back here soon. Much Love