The Creative Way – A Product Feature
May’s The Creative Way – A Product Feature is all about Rooted In Nature Stamp Set! I have really enjoyed creating with this set. It lends itself to techniques (including Faux Batik, sweek), different styles, and is beautiful!!! What more can you ask for out of a stamp set!!
The first post in this series shares a lot of my thoughts about the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set and the Nature’s Poem Suite that Rooted In Nature is apart of! You can find that post here
Today’s card features a very unique technique, Faux Batik. I love this technique so very much. And today I added so little extra to the technique! By adding heat embossing to the finished Batik. Making masculine cards are a challenge for me. I love flowers, stripes, colors, and other girl things. The Rooted In Nature (146479) stamp set makes masculine cards a breeze!!
Faux Batik is quite simple. There are a few steps but, each one is easy enough! The first step is to pick your stamp. The second thing you want to do is heat emboss the image onto a piece of tissue paper. Then, layer the tissue paper over shimmery white paper. Using a baby while add ink to the tissue paper. Pressing down making sure the tissue is thoroughly inked. Then gently lift the tissue to reveal the batik image.
- The first step was to do the Faux Batik. For the Batik I used Tranquil Tide and Blueberry Bushel. You can learn more about this process here.
- After finishing the Faux Batik process I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp and heat emboss the tree. This is what give the light shadow around the image. The embossing is copper.
- The next step was to add texture! Copper Thread, Blueberry Bushel paper, leaves, and Leaves Trinkets (146343)
- The final step was to add a strip of Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper (146331) and Copper Foil (142020)
Did you notice that the card base was the new Merry Merlot! This awesome color was added to the neutrals collection! I adore this new neutral! I have so enjoyed sharing. Rooted In Nature with you during May’ The Creative Way!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Share What You Love bundle is jammed packed of stamping wonderfulness for every card maker or paper craftier out there!!! This bundle is only available for a limited time
- Bundles are exclusive to the suite early release and will no longer be available after May 31, 2018. Individual items from the Share What You Love suite will be available when the 2018–2019 annual catalog is released on June 1, 2018.
The Faux Batik technique is loaded of fun! You can learn more about the technique here. Then you can see other cards featuring the technique here, here, and here. If you give this technique a try please tag me on social media or share via email. I would love to see what you create! #westsidepapercreations
Lots of awesome products are retiring from the Occasions and Annual Catalogs .You defiantly don’t want to miss out on these fabulous items!!
Have a amazing Monday! I hope each of you have a moment to be creative!