Inking Royalty Blog Hop
This is the first Inking Royalty Blog Hop of the year! I’m super excited to be joining the Royalty today! It has just simply been to long. I love this amazingly talented group of paper crafters. This year we will be hopping with the theme “A Year of Celebrations” So, let’s get on with the hop
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Valentine’s Day, so prepare yourself for lots of hearts and beautiful showcases of love. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I love to take Valentine’s Day and celebrate all my awesome friends. I decided to make a card using two wonderful stamp sets. And a color combination that is a personal favorite.
Tropical Chic is one of my favorites! I so love using this stamp set. This stamp set just screams use me make a happy card!!!
Especially in spring and summer using all the “Lilly” inspired colors. Today’s color combination is more of a winter day with light. Smoky Slate and So Saffron. I can just see the So Saffron light peaking through the Smoky Slate winter clouds giving us hope of warm sunny skies.
The second stamp set is another summer fun stamp set. The sentiment “life is good with a friend like you” make it perfect though for a friend’s Valentine’s
This set is full of fun scene building element. But, to be truefull it is the sentiments in the stamp set that won me over.
Who said Valentine’s had to be all Red and Pink with hearts galore?? If you know seriously tell me below in the comments.
- The first thing was picking the color combination. I wanted to use Yellow and gray. I’m completely obsessed with it at the moment. I’m actually working on a granny square afghan right now that is yellow, gray, and green.
- Yellow and gray make a great floral combination. And that’s really what I had in mind. When the last time I actually created what I set out to creat??? Who knows, but the fun is seeing where the idea leads
- The flowers are stamped in so Saffron and in Daffodil Delight. That gives a little color variation
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE..
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it! If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
Here a little peak into the Granny Squares. The squares were originally going to be mostly gray with a little touch of green and yellow. But, when I started working on them the green just had to be the main color! The other immediately recognized the Granny Square as a pot holder. I wish I had some of my Grandmother’s crochet pot holders. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the blog hop
Go and be creative and please hop along-