Ink play with color insperation from Hacking the Color Wheel #hackingthecolorwheel
I hope each of you had a wonderful 4th of July! I spent my day working on a “mood” color swatch journal. I actually made the journal. I have not put the cover on it yet. But, I have the pages bound together. And journal a little. I am taking an art journaling class that is all about the Color Wheel. The class has been lots of fun! And I am learning so much. #hackingthecolorwheel. Today’s card is the result of my first page color combination in the journal. This color combination is from a magazine page the teacher was using. Hacking the Color Wheel is tought by Kiala Girehand and a whole host of other artist. This lesson was taught by Sherry Canino. You can check out class info at Kiale Girehand
- I love how combining ink colors we can make new shades that blend with existing colors
- I’m not a big muted color fan. But, the green grey created by mixing smoky slate and crushed curry
- Colors can create a certain mood. The magazine page that this combination was pulled from was a yoga pose in front of mountains. With splashes of bright color. The mood energizing..
- The card base is ink smeared on a block with very little water. Then sliding the block across watercolor paper to create a textured pattern.
- I cut off most of the Smoky Slate. But, you get a few hints of it in the green created when it mixed with Crushed Curry
- The Berry Burst stands out as the star of the show!!!!
- this card is 5 1/2 by 5 1/2. (cut paper so that it is 11 by 5 1/2 and then score at 5 1/2 inches on the 11 inch side) The berry burst layer is 5 by 5. And the inked layer is 1/8th inch less
- I adore using the Just add Text stamp set! It is perfect for all the beautiful backgrounds you make!!!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
When you spend $50 in July Stampin’ Up! will give you $5 to spend in August!!! For every $50 you spend in July!!! Let’s all say Merry Christmas in July!!!!