Butterflies and Dragonfies for Global Design Project #GDP088
The challenge this week over at Global Design Project is a case the Designer Challenge. They are CASEing one of my favorite card designers Shawn de Oliveira. His work is both awesome and amazing. I love the slimpisity at witch he aproaches card design!!! So, I knew I had to play along…
Shawn used a pastel colors and made them pop with gold!!! He also left lots of white space. That gives a clean and fresh feel to the card! I’m not really good at this. I like to fill up spaces with color or something. But, most of the time less is more!! This is one of the thing I love most about his work. His use of white….
I decided that I would use a butterfly and a dragonfly as focal points. And instead of pink and gold…I would use pale blue and sliver.
One of the things I am most excited about in the upcoming catalog is that Stampin’ Up! is introducing embossing paste. I love using embossing paste on cards! It is such a fun way to add demention and texture.
- I use a silicone craft sheet (Stampin’ Up!) and add a little embossing paste right on top. Then a few drops of re-inker. Using a pallete knife to mix tge two together. When I am through, I just wash the craft sheet off…easy peasy
- The colors are Whisper White, Marina Mist, and Smoky Slate
- After mixing the color into the ink then you just use youe knife to add the embossing paste to the card.
- You will want to alow time for this to completely dry. I normally leave mine several hours before finishing the card
- The dragonfly and butterfly are both die cuts.
- I added several layers of silver embossing by adding versa mark ink, silver embossing powder, and then heat embossing. Repeating till I was happy.
- These eavh have 3 to 4 layers of embossing.
- The thin silver layer is done with heat embossing as well
Here is a close-up of the embossing paste
I hope you will hop over to Global Design Project and see all the wonderful projects the design team created CASEing my friend Shawn.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Easter Places stamp set is available NOW!!! In exclusive bundles. The Clearance rack is stocked and Retiring Products are still available!!!!
Paper Pumpkin is where Creativity starts!!! Exclusive paper crafting kits delivered to your door once a month!!! Use promo code STARTHERE for 25% off your first three months
And just one final look at the Dragonfly die.
Peace & Much Love,