All stars for Watercooler Wednesday! #WWC51
It has been a while sense I had the chance to participate in a Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. I had a strange fall, hectic holiday, and just getting back to stamping on a daily basis. This weekend I got the opportunity to spend some extra time in the craft area “it’s kinda spread out”. This meant that I had the chance to play along with some of my favorite challenges. Yahooooooo!!!!
Over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, they are having a clean and simple (CAS) challenge with starts.
I reached for the obvious choice Be the Star stamp set. I love this set and it has been a while sense I had it out. So, I am glad that Bev over at Watercooler Wednesday come up with this challenge.
The color inspiration was is the Sale-A-Bration paper Wildflower Fields. Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, and Lost Lagoon.
It is easy to get this paper for FREE right now. All you have to do is spend $50 with Stampin’ UP!
The stars are stamped in Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White Paper. Then cut out using the Stars Framelits Dies. I also cut out a star in each size in Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss. The sentiment was stamped in Lost Lagoon and made into a banner using the Triple Banner Punch. The card base and panel for the card are both Hello Honey. The panel was embossed using the Zig Zag textured Impressions embossing folder.
A few tips:
- The Zig Zag panel brings much-needed interest to the background without talking away from the stars. It also mimics the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper used behind the sentiment.
- Placing the star and the banner panel at an angle brings your eye into the Sentiment!
- Glue the banner panel to the Hello Honey Zig Zag panel before you add it to the card base. This makes it easy to cut off access paper.
- The Hello Honey Panel being the same color as the card base allows for the stars to really shine bright!
- Adding a Stampin’ Dimentional between the two layers of stars gave so depth to the card!
Here is the supply list:
Here is the Sale-A-Bration catalog:
Paper Pumpkin will only be on sale for a few more days. So be sure to sign up if you have not already. Remember, You get a FREE gift from me along with your Sale-A-Bration FREE gift when you sign up for the three-month pre paid Paper Pumpkin!
Thank You for visiting Westside Paper Creations. We are back at it tomorrow with an all new work week. I hope you have a great Monday!!! I have a lot going on so stay tuned! Open House, new classes, and a new Blog Hop!!!