One of the great joys in the stamping world is to find a stamp that is beautiful just simply stamped. There are always those moments when you need a quick and simple card. I adore Mediterranean Moments because it is just beautiful! You can stamp it simply, like I did today! Or you can choose to color it and create something completely different.
There is so much to love about this stamp set! It is drawn very beautifuly. The sketchy look is perfect! It truly reminds me of old photographs of Italy. And the gray-scale of an old photo was inspiration for today’s card.
- Keeping it simple was the theme
- This card was super simple, I just simply stamped the image in Basic Black on Smoky Slate paper .
- The black layer was torn to add a little interest to the vintage feel
- If I had wanted to I could have used graphite pencils or three grays to add more color to the photo. But, for the sake of simply it was kept to a bare minimum of poor stamping (maybe soon)
- There was on sentiment because I wanted to have the feel of a framed black and white photograph
I love it when a card is just simple because the stamp set is so beautiful it requires very little extras to make it look amazing! I did make a Stampin’ Blends version of this card that I will be sharing soon. And now I want to do one in a true gray-scale! Or even sepia toned. I have been working with coffee and tea as watercolor for mixed media class I have been taking. They make beautiful sepia tones so maybe I will try that as well! Anyway, this stamp set is Awesome!!!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
There are a few Stampin’ Up! specials this month. One is a Designer Series Paper Sale that is quite special!! Buy 3 get one FREE!!
The second is for those who Join Stampin’ Up!! Everyone who Joins Stampin’ Up! to save on their favorite stamps, inks, and papers will receive a FREE family of inks!!! That’s 10 ink pads for FREE! How awesome is that???
Thank You for stopping by today! I hope everyone had a amazing 4th of July!! I always enjoy watching fireworks and just having a relaxing day during the middle of the week. I was thinking this morning Wednesday is a great day to have off from work!!! I finished my first project for the Wild Awakening mixed media class over at Jeanne Oliver!!! I will share pictures soon!! Go and live creatively my friends-