Jolly Christmas for GDP #002
The very talented Teneale Williams has a wonderful sketch for the Global Design Project second challenge. I thrilled to be playing along with this fab. group of card designers once again. They have some very wonderful cards for this sketch. So, please be sure to hop over to Global Design Project and check out all the creations.
When I got home from work last night the UPS Mad had left a box full of Happy Mail. Yeepee, It was full of new stamp set!!!! I am looking forward to making many new projects over the next few days to show you guys all the wonderful items that was in my Happy Mail. I was so excited that I had to use one of my new sets for this challenge. Jolly Christmas is a very happy set. It has a modern retro (Is that even a thing) feel about the designs. I just loved it from the first time I saw it in the Holiday Catalog. For me, it was a must have stamp set!
The deer is my favorite image in this set. I love the way he is leaping… Makes me think of something Pottery Barn would put on a pillow. Now there’s a idea…..
The greeting I used is from another set that Mr. UPS Man left.
Oh What Fun stamp set is full of amazing fonts and fun saying for Christmas.
Here are the detials:
- The card base is Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches.
- The layers are Mossy Meadow (5 3/4 by 4 1/8) ,Cherry Cobbler (3 3/4 by 2), and Winter Wonderland Designer Series Vellum(3 3/4 by 1 5/8) gold dots turned upside down.
- On the Mossy Meadow layer stamp the “star” using versa mark. Then emboss using silver embossing power and a heat gun
- On Cherry Cobbler card stock stamp the deer image in versa mark. Then emboss using silver embossing power and a heat gun After embossing cut out using the circles collection framelits and the Big Shot
- The sliver layer was made by embossing whisper white paper with versa mark ink, silver embossing power, and a heat gun. If you have silver foil paper this would work also. I did not have silver foil so I had to make my own. I used this paper to make a strip that was 1/8 inch by 3 3/4 and to cut out a circle using the circles collection framelits
- Stamp the “tis the season” from Oh What Fun stamp set in Basic Black ink on Mossy Meadow card stock and cut it out in a fun little way
- Add the vellum to the Cherry Cobbler by gluing the vellum to the silver strip and then gluing the sliver strip to the Cherry Cobbler Add silver thread over the vellum and Cherry Cobbler
Make sure to check out Global Design Project and all the wonderful paper artist on the design team. You will defantly find insperation from this group. And play along. I would love to see what you create with this wonderful sketch by Teneale Willams.
The Supply List: