I loved yesterday’s Inking Royalty blog hop! It was so much fun hopping with my stamping friends. If you would like to see the Fall Fav. Hop click here. What awesome fall inspiration was shared!
My card for you today is a Faux Batik card using the Feather Together Stamp Set. I love feather stamps. And have owned several over the years. This one is just extra lovely to me!
This is a stamp layering set. So you can layer the stamps to make a feather that looks like it has dimension.
Faux Batik is one of those techniques that I just can’t get enough of right now! I am just loving it!
- The colors used are Always Artichoke, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry
- I picked three of the feather layers and heat embossed them onto tissue paper for the Faux Batik technique.
- I taped a border using painters tape on shimmery white paper
- After adding the embossing to the tissue, lay the tissue over your paper (shimmery White in this case) and use a baby whips to add color to the tissue. This will “transfer” the image to the card.
- The sentiment is heat embossed with copper embossing powder
- The copper foil and the Smoky Slate card base lightens up the card! This make the feathers pop!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
If you would like to know more about the Faux Batik technique check out this post.
The Holiday Catalog goes live on September 1st!! If you would like a copy just let me know via email. I will be happy to send you one!
The Carols of Christmas Early Release is now available for you to purchase. You are going to love this set so much. It is my must have from the Holiday Catalog. It is amazing!!! So very easy to use and just simply perfect!!! It will remind you of why you love stamping in the first place. The stamp set pairs with the Card front builder dies! These dies rock!!!! They will make every Holiday Card sing in glory!!!!
There is a Paper Pumpkin sale going on and it is pretty sweet! This is definitely the time to join!!!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at email@example.com