Pals Too Cool for School Blog Hop
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools – those Stampin’ Up! tools that we just can’t live without. We hope you enjoy our projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Sue Becker at RnR Stamping, number 21 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
I am very happy to be participating in my very first Pals Blog Hop!!! For that matter, any blog hop. I am so very luck to be apart of such a talented group of Paper Artist. The Pal’s are always full of great inspiration and ideas to keep my creative juices flowing. Today’s Pals Blog Hop is all about our favorite Stampin’ Up! tools. I will be sharing with you the Simply Scored. I just love using my Score board. I use it for everything from scoring card bases to making small boxes and bags to creating a pattern on a card. For today’s project I used it to create the great diagonal lines on the Cherry Cobbler layer of my card. Also, featured are the Lot’s of Labels Framelits and Dies. This brings me to my second tool I can’t live with out. It is my Big Shot die cutting machine. I love how Stampin’ Up! offers so may coordinating dies and stamp set. Lot’s of Labels Framelits and Dies coordinate perfectly with our stamp set Happy Notes. Witch brings me too my last, but defiantly not the least favorite tool the Wood block Rubber Stamps.
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Old Olive card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches. Using your Simply Scored score the card base at 4 1/4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches. Using the Simply Scored score half the layer every 1/8 inch
- Using Lots of Labels Framelits Dies and the big shot cut a piece of Merry Moments Designer Series paper. Also cut a Cherry Cobbler piece of card stock using the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies
- Stamp on a piece of Whisper White card stock “thanks to you” in Cherry Cobbler ink. Then using the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies and the Big Shot cut the sentiment out.
- Then cut a piece of Old Olive card stock to 5 1/8 inches by 3 7/8 inches. Then cut on the Diagonal (see below picture)
- Use a white gel pin to make dots on the Old Olive card stock. I tend to overdo this… so be careful. Remember to space out your dots!!!!
- All that is left is to adhere your layers to the card base. The Old Olive triangle is glued to the Cherry Cobbler layer that was scored. The stamped layer is glued to the Cherry Cobbler layer. The other layers are added using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stampin’ Up! offers several bundles in the Annual catalog. And one just happens to be Happy Notes. Bundles save you 15% right away!!! Easy savings. And what is Happy Notes bundled with you ask? Well….Lot’s of Labels Framelits Dies of course :>
When you are adding diagonals to your card layer. Line up the corner with the 5 inch spot on the Simply Scored. Then line up the opposite corner (on the diagonal) with the 5 inch line. Do this by using the Scoring tool provided with the Simply Scored and fallow the 5 inch grove down so you have enough room to line up the corner.
When cutting on a diagonal make sure that you have the opposite corners lined up just so. Other wise you will end up with a little square at one end.
Well, that’s it! I hope you are enjoying the blog hop as much as I am. So much talent out there in the Pal’s!!! Check back in soon. I am sure I will be using at least one of these fabulous tools! What’s your favorite (can’t live with out) Stampin’ Up! tool? I would love to know!!!!!
The next stop is Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty, number 23 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBIg Academy Stamps!
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Amy at Amy’s Inklings
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pamela Sadler at stampinpinkrose.com
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Deb Cozzone at Deb Cozzone’s Stamping Zone
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
Here is the Supply List:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. I hope everyone enjoyed today’s blog hop. Remember to check out all the great projects by other Pal’s. Happy Wednesday. Just a few more days and we will be back to Friday!!!!