Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for October 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects feature cards made using “wicked” folds. What is a “wicked” fold? It is anything other than the standard A2 card fold. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I don’t normaly do a lot of different card folds. So when preparing for the hop I did a google surch to find witch fold I wanted to make. Well, there are so many different ideas! I foud one that I really liked but, I could not really find any information about the particular fold. After surching Google, I decided to go over to Splitcoast Stampers (where I should have started) to surch there imance galerys. That’s when I stumbled across a tutorial by Dawn at Splitcoast Stampers. Ah, that’s the fold I wanted. So be sure to check out her tutorial. And if you are like me, a visual learner, then the tutoral is for you. She has great pictures and a video to show you exactly what to do. Yeppie!!!
I thought about the paper I wanted to use. I decided on By the Shore.
The Designer Series Paper is perfect for the Pinwheel Fun Fold that I wanted to make. The patern on each side would be showcased! I paired this paper with the ovious choice, Seaside Shore Stamp Set. On a side note, I love this paper paired with Real Red for Christmas Cards.
This is such a happy stamp set!
The Pinwheel Fun Fold makes a great little card that looks like a pinwheel or a pretty box top. And when you add a “belly band” it just really pops. I just love how easy this card was to make. And I love that it brought to mind making pinwheels with my Granny. We took origimi paper and made pinwheels for a family reunion. It was great fun. This card definatly remindes me of that day.
I so enjoyed making this card, I am adding it to my folder of templates. Along with directions, and a few notes. I adore how the Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper shines with this card fold. Buy the way, The Designer Series Paper is on sale right now. Buy 3 and get one Free!!! What a fablous deal!
When you open up the card, things get really special.
Hear are a few details:
- You will need Designer Series Paper of your choice, a bone folder, paper snips, and the Simply Scored Board.
- Cut down your paper to 8 by 8.
- Score the paper like this ” mark the paper at 3″ from each corner. Align square panel on scoring board with opposite points up and down. Score down from each 3″ mark, using a ruler to ensure alignment with the groove.” (via directions on Splitcoast) If you are so lucky as to have a digonal plate for your scoring board. Use it and score at 3 inches. Do this on all four sides
- The next step is to cut away the small triangles where the score lines cross. Do this on all four sides.
- Score at 1 inch on each side. Place the corner of the paper in the corner of the scoring board. Do this on all four sides.
- Next, just fold and burnish on the 1 inch score lines and the 3 inch score lines.
- I glued down the 1 inch folds.
- Then fold like this “To create the Pinwheel Fold: Fold up bottom flap, then fold over the flap to the left (clockwise); repeat with 3rd flap (continuing clockwise) then, Fold over the last flap and tuck under the first flap (like folding a box).” (via directions on Splitcoast)
- All that is left is to add your belly band!
Still confused, Check out Dawn over at Splitcoast Stampers! She makes it so simple!!!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth Fairweather at Beth Fairweather Designs
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Here is the Supply List:
- Stamp Sets: Seaside Shore
- Paper: By The Shore, Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Whisper White
- Dies: Layering Circles
- Other: Simply Scored Board, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer
Thank you for sticking with me! I know you are enjoying all the wonderful projects along the blog hop! I hope that you will leave lots of love along the way…
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.