Over the weekend I was making a few cards for my cousin. I was using a color I normally do not use a lot of. Pacific Point. I like this color very much after spending a few hours stamping with is and imagining all the possibility’s. One of the things I did was make envelope liners for the Note Cards I was making. One of the papers I used for envelope liners was the inspiration for today’s card. The paper was from Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper. That and a great theme challenge by The Paper Players. The theme is “It’s Hip to Be Square” Man, that saying always makes me think of Huey Lewis and the News …..and he always leads me to Back to the Future. Now, Back to the Future has nothing to do with today’s card. But, lets all pull it out and watch the young Michale J Fox and listen to a little Huey Lewis. Well, on to today’s card.
Here is the Sketch by The Paper Players:Like I said the color inspiration for this card was the Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper. It combines Pacific Point, Pool Party, and Whisper White. I just love the dots, bikes, squares, and stripes in this bright and bold paper. Here is the stamp set:
Here is today’s card:
I just love the bold circles of the paper combined with the very bold sentiment. This is such a fun card that is happy! happy! happy! This card is clean, simple, and quick. What could be better than that1
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is pool party cut at 5 1/2 inches (on the short side) and scored at 5 1/2 inches. Use your bone folder to burnish the score line.
- Cut a piece of Pacific Point into a square that is 5 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches.
- Cut the bold dot paper from Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper into a square that is 5 inches by 5 inches. Glue the square layers together using multipurpose glue. Glue to the card base also.
- Stamp the “I’m always here for you” stamp from Friendly Wishes in pacific point on Whisper White Paper. Then use the Circles Collection Framelits and your Big Shot to cut out the sentiment.
- Use the next size up Circles collection Framelits to cut a circle from Pool Party card stock. Glue the two circles together using multipurpose glue. Then use Stampin’ Dimentionals to adhere to the card base.
This is a special size card, so if you want a envelope you will need to use your handy dandy envelope punch board to make a envelope. That’s it! So clean and simple. Sometimes it’s nice to just let the simple design take over. This is easy to achieve with such great bold sentiments and paper by Stampin’ Up! Just another reason why I love my Stampin’ Up! products. i can sit and create something really elaborate and it will look great. Or I can make a quick, simple, and clean card with just a few supplies and it will be just a amazing.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog