The design team over at Fab Friday have a great sketch challenge going on. When I saw my friend Brian King card for this challenge, I know I had to try to recreate it! On my desk had been sitting a poinsettia that I made from watercolor paper. All week, I had been staring at the poinsettia wondering what to do with it. Well, I decided to use it as the focal point to recreate this sketch. Here is the Fab Friday Sketch. I hope that you hop over to Fab Friday and check out all the cards by the design team.
I have had the Reason for The Season stamp set and the Festive Flower Builder Punch for a while now. Though, I am just now really beginning to use it. I love how easy it is to create a flower that is beautiful in just a few steps. I did thought have to watch the video on how to build the flowers to get it just right. My first attempt was quite a special spectacle……. After watching the video it was fun and easy. I made several poinsettia just for the fun of it one afternoon…
the stamp set:
and the builder punch:
Here is the video…
You are going to love-making these flowers… It is quite addictive…
Here are a few details:
- The flowers are stamped with Cherry Cobbler in on watercolor paper. Then spritz with Wink of Stella. And set aside to dry
- After the flowers are dried I punched each one out using the festive flower builder punch and assembled the flower.
- Then I built my background following the Fab Friday Sketch. (via Brian King’s Card)
- The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black and is from the Wondrous Wreath Stamp set
- The paper used is Emerald Envy, Very Vanilla, and This Christmas Designer Series Paper
The supply list:
Stamp Sets: Reason for the Season, Wondrous Wreath
Ink: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Emerald Envy, Very Vanilla, This Christmas, Watercolor Paper
Other: Festive Flower Builder Punch, 1′ circle punch, Wink of Stella, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose glue
Bonus Day’s are HERE!!!! It is quite simple spend $50 today and receive a $5 coupon to use in August!!!!
Have a great evening! I will be back soon. Be sure to hop over to Fab Friday!