I am playing along with two different card challenges today. One is The Paper Players and the other is Mojo Monday. Both of these challenges inspired me to make today’s card. The Paper Players challenge was to create a card that was inspired by the great outdoors. I immediately knew I was going to use Awesomely Artistic for this challenge. The flower and the dragonfly were perfect for this challenge. Mojo Monday challenge was a sketch challenge. So I used their sketch for the bases of this card.
And here is the banner for Mojo Monday
And here is the Card
Awesomely Artistic is a great stamp set! The flower is gorgeous and the dragonfly is just simply sweet. The “Have a Beautiful Birthday” did come from another stamp set though. It is from Birthday Blossoms. The colors used for this card are Tip Top Taupe, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, and Soft Sky.
Her are the details of the card:
- The card base is Tip Top Taupe cut at 5 1/2 inches and then scored at 4 1/4 inches. I used the birlap stamp to stamp the background of the card in Tip Top Toupe.
- The flower was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then I colored the flowers in So Saffron. I colored the leaves in Wild Wasabi. And the Stems in Tip Top Taupe. Finally, I cut the flower out.
- The dragonfly was stamped in Soft Sky and cut out also.
- The next step was to cut a strip of shimmery white at 1 1/2 inches. I took my ink and sponge and added color to the shimmery white paper. Soft Sky first, then So Saffron, and finally just a touch of Wild Wasabi. I also , cut another piece of shimmery white paper an sponged it in So Saffron. On this piece I stamped the words “Have a Beautiful Birthday”
- Next I added dots to the Soft Sky paper using the dots from Awesomely Artistic. Again layering the color. This time though, I stamped So Saffron, then Wild Wasabi, and finally Soft Sky.
- The bottom piece is wild Wasabi that has been run through the Big Shot machine using the Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing today’s card. Please, make sure to drop by The Paper Players and Mojo Monday to see all the great cards that each Design team has put together for our inspiration. I am going to leave you with a look of how my “Craft Space” aka the dinning room table at the moment looked while creating this card. Some how I seem to have everything pulled out! I’m off to straighten up the mess! Happy Thursday
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations!