Baby Come Rockin’ Blog Hop
Today is the Blogging Friends Blog Hop Baby Come Rockin’. We will be featuring cards based around the theme Baby Come Rockin’. I have made two cards for you featuring the Free as a Bird stamp set. I will be real honest with you. I was not going to purchase this stamp set…. I know right???? What was I thinking!!! I had convinced myself that I didn’t “need” another Bird stamp set. (don’t ask me why cause I sure don’t apply this logic to flower stamp sets). Anywho, let me just tell you how wrong I was!
I really adore how this stamp set is drawn. All the extra little images are just too cute. And the sentiments are awesome. In combination with Free as A Bird, I also used sentiments from Animal Outings Stamp Set and the Parade worthy Prose Stamp Set. In addition to these two stamp sets, I used the Well Written Dies.
- one of my favorite things to do is to use the little elements in a stamp set to make backgrounds. Doing this really extends the use of a stamp set
- one of the Dies used is the Ornate Borders Die. I really like how the border adds a little extra pizzazz
- the background was watercolored. you could use any of the Stampin’ Up!w mediums to achieve a similar look
I could not decide if I wanted to add a little extra something to this card. Let me know if you like it with or without the little extra leaf.
It is a settle difference but, one that adds a little texture and interest to the card. Up next is a baby cad that features that adorable bird in the Free as a Bird stamp set. This card tired out adorable in real life but, for whatever reason, I don’t get it captured in picture form very well.
- Yet again the little bird is watercolored but, seriously you could color him with any coloring medium and he would be awesome
- That gingham paper just makes me so happy. As does the color combination of Blueberry Bushel and Granny Apple Green
- How awesome is that border from the Ornate Garden Border dies
I’m going to leave you with an up-close of the watercolor bird. He is not perfect by no means, but he’s still cute. Remember when watercoloring to embrace the process and imperfections. That’s what makes it so beautiful
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today and hopping along with us. I am sure that you will find more awesome inspiration along the hop.