A Little Hello
One of the stamp sets that carried over into the New Catalog is Crafting Forever. This set is perfect for making projects for your favorite crafty people. I absolutely love the images in this stamp set. The set of three pens being one of my favorite! I just love sending a little hello to fellow crafters! This pen set though would be perfect for a guy as well!
The Creative Way – A Product Feature
June’s The Creative Way is all about Stampin’ Up! version of Alcohol Markers, Stampin’ Blends. These are amazing markers that make coloring loads of fun! They come in a light and dark of a Stampin’ Up! color. Such as a light and Dark Old Olive. If you would like to read more about the blends click here.
For today’s card I did a fun technique where the background was colored first with Stampin’ Blends. The second step was to stamp the image. The third step was to color the image in. This made making the background quick and easy!!!
The second technique on the card is to color Designer Series Paper with the Stampin’ Blends!
- The first thing to do is just lay some color down on Whisper White Paper. In this case I used the Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blend
- The second step was to stamp the image(after the paper has dries)
- The third step was to color the image in. For this you want darker colors than the background. Also, you want colors that work well together. This keeps you from making mud.
- I used Light Night of Navy, Light and Dark Smoky Slate, And Light Pineapple Punch.
- The next thing I did was to use the colorless blender to remove the green color from the places I wanted to add Lovely Lipstick . I used the bullet nib end for this. Also, I worked on it in steps. Adding one layer of colorless blender, then letting it dry, then adding another layer of colorless blender. All the color will not be removed .Just enough so you can add the Lovely Lipstick on top and not make mud
- The background was created from a piece of In Color paper stack. I used the same Light Old Olive and the bullet nib to color in the white dots. Leaving a few white dots for interest
- The sentiment , A Little Hello, is from the Stamp Set Itty Bitty Greetings
I love sending little hello cards to expecting friends! I really do think that they are my favorite type of card to send. What type of cards do you like we to send???
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The All New Catalog is available and ready for you to shop from. You can shop online here
The Creative Way – A Product Highlight, Stampin’ Blends
If you would like to see more about the Stampin’ Up! Blends click here
Have a great Monday!! I will be back Wednesday for the Inking Royalty Blog Hop! Till then go and live creatively