Saying thanks with Fablous Flamingo
The cards that I use the most are thank you cards! I love having them on hand ready to go when needed. My supply has greatly diminish the last few months. So, now it is time to start replenishing. One of my favorite animals are flamingos. You will probably hear me say this a lot
1. because Stampin’ Up! has two great sets that includes flamingos.
2. I can’t stop using either one. Especially, in the summer time.
For today I went with Fabulous Flamingo! A wonderful stamp layering set that makes the perfect Flamingo so easy to achieve.
This set is beautiful! And has the most adorable sentiment! Tickled pink…I’m going to use that one really soon. I love the font of the sentiments as well! It is super brushy and free like.
- The outline of the flaming was stamped in Basic Black
- The body was stamped with So Saffron rolling the edges of the stamp on scrap paper to remove some of the ink. Then rolling it in Powder Pink before stamping.
- The feathers are stamped with Flirty Flamingo
- The water is stamped with Pool Party that has been rolled in Tranquil Tide before stamping
- The blades of grass are stamped in Tranquil Tide as well as the thanks
- The next thing is to add a few glistening sequins to the water. These are from the iridescent mix. I used my fine tip glue to adhere them to the card. (it takes a few minuets for this glue to really set. So you have to be patient in this process. I normally use the tip of my paper snips to hold the sequins in place.
- The final step is to add the little bow made from Flirty Flamingo bakers twine
The card is a standard A2 card. This measures 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches. Take a 8 1/2 by 11 piece of Flirty Flaming and cut it at 5 1/2 inches on the 11 inch side. Then score at 4 1/4 inches. Then fold and burnish with a bone folder. The layers are whisper White 5 1/4 by 3 , Tranquil Tide 5 1/4 by 3 1/8. Whisper white stamped with Basic Black using the Diagonal Stripes Background Stamp. This layer is 5 1/4 by 3 3/4. The next Tranquil Tide layer is 5 1/4 by 4
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Below is a list of products used.