Sweetbriar Rose for Can You Case It #84
Can You Case It has a great challenge for us all this week. This weeks challenge is a sketch by Elizabeth. Make sure you hop over to Can You Case It to check out the Cards by the design team. They are defiantly a talented group. I am supper excited to be playing along with them today!! When I started to create the card for the Can You Case It challenge I had all my fall and Holiday Stamps out. Ready to make something from the new Catalog… Why not right? So I picked my colors and started working on a wreath. Along the way thinking about the challenge I decided to change it up a bit and started looking for a different stamp set. This seems to be my process. Start with one stamp set end with another. With about 10 in between!!! Any whoooo, I ran across Sweetbriar Rose and thought it would be perfect. So, no new Holiday Catalog stamp today 🙁 But, Sweetbriar Rose is a fabulous stamp set that is often over looked in the Annual Catalog.
Is this not a great sketch!! I love the Simplicity of the sketch. This sketch is the perfect opportunity to make a clean and simple card!!!
I love the sketched flower. It is perfect for water coloring or coloring with blender pins!!! And we all know we like to color :> I know I sure do…Adult coloring book? No thanks, just give me a fabulous sketched stamp! (I must admit…I would not mind having a new coloring book!)
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Pool Party cut to 10 1/2 inches by 6 1/4 inches. It is scored at 5 1/4 inches. the final size should be 6 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches. This is defiantly a odd size card. You will want to use the envelope punch bard to make a envelope if you are mailing this size.
- The layers are Mossy Meadow (6 1/8 by 2 5/8) and the strip paper from Color Me Irresistible Specialty Paper
- Color the striped paper using a sponge dabber and Calypso Coral ink. Make sure to use firm even pressure when coloring this paper. Also, when you are through coloring use a paper towel to wipe off any extra ink
- Stamp the Sweetbriar Rose stamp on a piece of Shimmery White Paper ( 3 by 41/2) using StazOn Jet Black ink .
- Using a Aqua Painter paint on Soft Sky ink all over. Then add streaks of Pool Party around the image.
- Color the Image using blender pins and Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, and Crumb Cake inks. Use a white gel pin and add highlights to the rose
- Back the Rose panel with Calypso Coral (3 1/4 by 4 3/4) and Mossy Meadow (3 3/8 by 4 7/8)
Her is the Supply List
Make sure you stop by Can You Case It and check out all the wonderful cards made with this sketch! I promise you will love what you see!!!! And If you do remember to give them a little blog love!! Happy Wednesday :> I am getting overly excited about the beginning of Collage Football this Saturday !!!!