I have thoroughly enjoyed the stamp set Watercolor Wings. And today, I am bringing you another great card that combines Watercolor Wings with the new In Colors for 2015-2016. This stamp set is for two-step stamping. The two steps give you lots of variety of color. And add depth to the stamped image. So lets, get right to it. Watercolor Wings have several images of butterflies that layer on top of each other to create different butterfly’s. Then you get a great set of three dots. I love dots for backgrounds. I’m sure you will be seeing a lot more of these in the future. The set also comes with three greetings.
I am so overwhelmed with how easy this card came together from idea to actual finished product. The colors used are Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron. This set really makes it easy to create great looking cards with just a few items on hand.
Here are the keys to making today’s card
- The card base is Mint Macaron card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Using your bone folder to burnish the scored edge
- On Shimmery Whisper White card stock stamp the small butterfly in Mint Maccron. Then stamp a second butterfly in Watermelon Wonder
- Using the Butterflies Thinlets die and the Big Shot I cut out the Three Butterflies. Use the bone folder and curl up the edges of the butterfly’s wings
- The layers of the card is Watermelon Wonder cut at 5 3/8 inches by 4 1/8 inches and Shimmery Whisper White card stock cut at 4 7/8 by 3 7/8 inches.
- On the Shimmery Whisper White layer stamp the three dots in Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder
- Finally adhere the butterflies to the Shimmery Whisper White. Just a little glue right down the middle of the butterfly.