Being that I have worked at a Cafe’ for years that has it roots in coffee. I just had to have the Coffee Cafe’ stamp set! Let’s just say it was meant to be 😀 …this set is just full of everything you need to make your own cup of coffee (on a card that is)…
After looking at Steffi Helmschrott amazing card over at Global Design Project. Then thinking most of the week about how I wanted to recreate it, I decided that the Coffee Cafe’ set would be perfect!!!
- The hand drawn feel
- Her amazing watercolor
- The simplicity if her card design
Be sure you stop by Global Design Project to see all the awesome cards by the Design Team and those who are playing along!
- Stamping the image in Smoky Slate. I used this color because I wanted the edges to fade a bit as I watercolored. hoping for that hand drawn look.
- After wetting the area inside the cup, I added Tranquil Tide and Daffodil Delight to the cup.
- I set it aside to let this dry. After it was dry. I cut it out using the die cuts. And added the flowers from the Daisy Delight stamp set
- The next step was to work on the background. Stamping a texture from Timeless Texture stamp set. I added just a little water to the area and then color. Below you can see the texture the stamp leaves… It is faint but, adds a lot to the card.
- After the background dried I added the straw and other finishing touches
I really love this color combinations!
I have this philosophy about card making. Ant that is that layers makes everything better!! #layersmakeseverycardbetter… So when in doubt add layers!! It was one of the first things I learned from my amazing friend Brian!! I love this picture because it shows all the different layers on this card. Not just paper but, stamps and ink as well!
I really have been trying to do better at decorating my envelopes!!! This envelope got a little love on the front and On the back. The coffee rings are stamped in Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight. The I added the little Hi that is in the Coffee Cafe’ stamp set! On the back flap I added some Designer Series Paper. Did I mention that this set is available in a bundle which saves you 10%. Yeppie!!!
Below is a list of all the products used! If you have any questions about this card, please feel free to ask in the comments below. Also, here is one last look at today’s card ☕🍵😍
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The new catalog is full of Awesome New product! And some pretty amazing returning items!!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a blessed Sunday! Maybe, you can squeeze in a nap and some creative goodness…